The original recipe called for cream and full fat sour cream. I modified it and used more flour, half and half, and light sour cream. Don't kid yourself, even with these changes, this is not a low calorie soup. I don't care. Do you?
Winner, Lower or Meh
I like this soup. Next time, I might add more salt and garlic. I love garlic. I think I will be eating this with crusty rolls and left over Roasted Garlic. Did I mention I love garlic?
I used a 6 quart oval crock for this.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms (I used brown & white)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbl flour (I used organic whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 twists nutmeg mill or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 1/4 cups vegetable stock (boxed is okay, too.)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley