Mission: Use the crock, sugar, and fat to counteract all this free healthy goodness and trick others into eating a 'healthy' treat. Our first trick and treat: Pumpkin Dump Cake. This tricky treat has one more step than a typical lazy dump cake, involving whisking and stirring a few ingredients in a bowl. It's worth it.
Winner, Lower or MehYummy, warm, comforting. Basically, a pumpkin pie, pudding, custard, crumble all rolled into one. See!
I used a 6 quart crock for this
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbls molasses
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 3-4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup brandy (optional, thanks Jan)
- 1 29 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 boxed spice or carrot cake mix (I used carrot cake on sale for .88)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted