Winner, Loser or Meh
This is wonderful! I thought I would have to spice it to death when it was finished. It didn't need it. I put a little salt and pepper into the first bowl. Perfect.
I halved the original recipe, substituting vegetable stock for beef stock; tomato sauce and more vegetable stock for vegetable juice (because that was what was here); more onion and Vegetable Better Than Bullion for the Lipton Onion Soup mix; and a full can of green beans instead of half.
I used a 6 quart crock for this. It was full.
- 2 medium carrots, ends removed, chopped
- 2 onions, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 a 16 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, with 1/2 the liquid
- 1/2 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 Tbls vegetable base Better Than Boullion
- 1 15 ounce can cut green beans, drained
- 24 oz tomato sauce (or 1 quart V8 or Tomato Juice, then reduce stock by 1 cup)
- 1 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, diced
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic minced (I used Christopher's jarred minced garlic)