(It took a while to get this up because the pictures were in the camera while I was out of town.)
Winner, Loser or Meh
These were okay, but not great. They grew on me the next day. I would not serve this to company, but it is a serviceable hearty dish that can be made with items usually found in the house.
I used a 2 1/2-3 quart crock for this and jammed the peppers in. You can use a larger crock and place the peppers into a smaller oven safe dish that will fit inside the larger crock. You can also double the recipe and use a 6 quart crock.
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off, cored, seeded
- 1 16 oz bag corn
- 1 to1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used Christopher's jarred)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock, divided (you can used boxed)