Winner, Loser, or Meh
This was delicious. It had a soft mellow flavor, and then the full sweet taste of artichokes would linger at the back and sides of the tongue after each bite. Here's to you Cousin Cake Queen!
Cousin Cake Queen used a 5 1/2-6 quart crock for this.
- 6 Tbls salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 white onion, peeled, chopped
- 3 leeks, (white part and 1 inch green), washed, sliced, thin
- 3 10 oz packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or water and vegetable "Better than Boullion" to make 6 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup whipping cream